is a deep soft tissue massage with the use of oils in order to stimulate the circulation in an
area in which the muscles have become too tense to relax by themselves and so inducing relaxation of the body and mind.
How it works:
- Stimulation of the circulation with the result of revitalising body tissues.
- Break down and softening of fibrous muscle tissue.
- Increased lymphatic flow, expelling toxins from the body and reducing fluid retention.
- Providing a rare opportunity for the mind to rest and relax during the treatment.
- Benefits include:
- Relief of muscular backache.
- Easing of neck and shoulder tension and stiffness.
- Prevention of tension headaches.
- Relief of pain from Repetitive Strain Injury.
- Relief of muscular aches and pains after physical work and exercise.
- Relaxation of the mind, allowing release of built up stresses and worries.
- The cumulative result often is that you:
- Enjoy freedom of pain.
- Feel revived, revitalised and gain a profound sense of well being.
- Are able to function more effectively during the day and sleep better at night.
An initial consultation is always conducted and treatments are tailored to suit your individual needs. Treatment duration is normally either one hour for a full body massage or half an hour for a localised treatment.
Reiki - The Usui system of
Reiki (pronounced “Raykee”) is an ancient form of healing believed to have originated in Tibet thousands of years ago. It was re-discovered in the 1890’s by Dr. Mikao Usui who was Japanese.
Reiki is a simple, safe and effective form of hands-on healing. It works at the most subtle level of healing for balancing and harmonising the body-mind’s energy flow.
The Reiki practitioner acts as a channel for positive universal life energy, which rebalances and revitalises both body and mind. The recipient draws in positive energy through the practitioner and is in control of the amount of energy received according to their personal need.
Problem areas are usually signified by a greater sensation of localised heat and the practitioner will stay longer on any specific areas of need, thereby allowing a greater concentration of healing energy to be drawn in.
By recharging and rebalancing the body’s energy centres or “chakras”, Reiki assists the body to heal itself, effectively helping with physical, emotional and spiritual difficulties.
During a Reiki treatment the recipient remains fully clothed and the practitioner lightly lays hands upon energy centres throughout the body to induce healing. With this light but powerful touch you will be able to relax deeply and so bringing health and restoring the energy you need, resulting in a profound sense of well-being.
The session usually lasts for 1 hour but if appropriate, 1½ hour sessions can also be arranged.